1. Which household appliances do you use? How often?


            The most common household appliance that I use is the computer (PC/Laptop). I use this regularly, for at least 3 hours a day. I use this in order to search for different things and information. At the same time, it enables me to get connected and stay updated with the lives and happenings of my friends, relatives and love ones. In addition, it also helps me to meet new friends, enhance my social skills, communication skills at the same time, be informed about the latest news and innovations and changes in the environment, technology, entertainment, etc.


            The television is another appliance that I often use, together with the DVD player, gaming console, it enables me to watch news, variety shows, talk shows, movies and other entertainment, at the same time, it also enables me to do physical activities like exercise and sports indoors.


            The refrigerator is another important appliance that I, together with the family commonly use as it helps in order to maintain the freshness of our fruits, vegetables and fruits. At the same time, it enables me to have cold drinks, especially during summer.


 


2. Are some electric appliances and gadgets just an unnecessary luxury? Why?


            For me, I believe that there are some appliances and gadgets that are just a matter of luxury. This pertains on those brands that are super expensive, when you can have other brands who offer the same product, with almost the same features but in lower price. In addition, there are some gadgets that are just overlapping in terms of uses. For instance, those new e-book readers released, why buy or acquire e-book readers if you can use your laptop, computers or even your cellphone in order to read e-book, this is the same for those audio book readers or players, why settle for those individual products, if you can use your cellphone or your mp3 players.


            This goes to new products such as IPAD, those touch screen hand held devices which can be used to connect to the Internet used other important applications such as office and imaging. This is somewhat luxury for me because its features, applications can also be found on other gadgets such as smartphones and laptops. They are also handheld and can be easily carry.


 


3. How has technology changed our life? Give examples.


            Technology – its development and innovation have helped me and changed me a big time. The most important example is those related to communication. With the use of advanced technologies, such as computer, the Internet, WAP, mobile phones, it is much easier to re-connect or re-united with old friends, relatives and other people from different parts of the globe. Via different social networking site, it is much easier to be informed and updated with what is going on and what are the changes in the lives of my friends and relatives, from their relationship status, vacations, etc. In addition, it also helps me in order to meet other people from different countries or nations with different cultures.


            Another is those related to information. Technology, particularly the Internet, it helps me in order to be well informed about news and changes in the global environment. With just one click of the mouse or swipe of the screen, it is easier to locate, access and retrieve information about anything under the sun.


            New technology enables to do things faster than the manual way or process before. In addition, it also lessens the errors which are caused by human intervention.


 


4. Can you imagine your life without modern technologies? Why? Why not?


            I cannot imagine my life without modern technologies. This is because I already lived with it. I was born with it, and then I guess it will follow that I will die with it. Whether we like it or not the world of today is dependent in modern technologies, particularly to computer system, information technology and information systems – from private companies to public and government up to personal or family use.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top