- WHAT MANAGERS REALLY DO?
- Discuss The Appropriateness And Accuracy Of The To...
- Sports Sponsorship for Women Volleyball: an Invest...
- Human Resources Management refers to the philosoph...
- Sample Mathematics Problems and Solution
- How does social influence work in effective persua...
- Genre Change
- Zara Case Study Analysis
- POVERTY IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY
- Management Information System in Logistics Industr...
- CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF BURR AND GIRARDI’S INTELLECTU...
- The Global Logistics Model for the Choice of Distr...
- Beijing Olympics: Branding and Service Quality
- Significance of intranet in organization
- Witnessing the End to Innocence
- MOTIVATIONAL TECHNIQUES
- Course Paper Annotated Bibliography
- Advance Supply Chain Management – Business Report
- THE CODE OF ETHICS OF COACHING: A CASE STUDY OF AN...
- Australia Credit Card Interest Rates Research Repo...
- Changing Scripts
- Coursework Assignment
- Sample Research Study Traditional Learning versus ...
- Medical Essay on the Effects of Tourette’s Syndrom...
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma (Stage II): a patient cas...
- Dysfunctional Team
- Research proposal on alcohol abuse and domestic vi...
- Sample Essay The Practice of Divination has been i...
- INDIVIDUAL COUNSELLING
- American way of life
- The Relationship between Using Authentic Local Mat...
- BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING – CALL CENTER INDUSTR...
- BBA GROUP
- HUMAN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
- SWOT Analysis of Marriott Hotel Chains and Resorts...
- Management and Change
- New Zealand Occupational Health and Safety : Workp...
- MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING
- The Study of Marketing Strategies
- Risk Assessment Patient Care and Safety
- Proposal for e-government in Ugandia
- New media and international communications term pa...
- BENEFITS AND LIFESTYLE STUDY
- BRIDGEWORK COLLAPSE RINGS
- Development Of Online Banking: It’s Advantages And...
- Chapters 3,4, 5 and Questionnaire if needed
- The Agriculture Industry
- Treatment options paper
- Media, Culture and Society
- Psychology and the Definition of Health
- MARKETING A NEW PRODUCT
- The Financial Performance of the Bank of East Asia...
- Research and Thinking during the Preparation of th...
- Research proposal on The role of managers in achie...
- Goals of Our Criminal Justice System and How They ...
- The Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- CASE STUDY ASSIGNMENT: CORPORATE FINANCE
- Undertake a full value chain (complementors) analy...
- Public School Hypothesis Sample
- ▼ Nov 09 (62)
- ► October (2650)
- ► September (2912)
- ► August (698)
- ▼ November (1350)
Investigation of the Relationship of Alcohol Abuse and Domestic Violence
From the time when the industrial period had begun, inappropriate consumption of alcohol among individuals has been a common concern of the employers, particularly in terms of the consequences and costs this work problem brings. The Institute of Medicine had noted that among the most common drugs which affect the work individuals is ethanol, a drug that is usually found in alcoholic beverages (Normand, Lempert and O’Brien, 1994). Several previous studies have shown that the inappropriate use of alcohol in safety sensitive situations as well as heavy alcohol drinking over time have detrimental and negative effects on both the productivity and health and behaviorA number of published documents and literature has constantly shown the negative results and disadvantages of excessive alcohol-drinking in the individuals One aspect that can be attached with alcohol use is domestic violence.
According to Shipway (2004) domestic violence is defined as any hurtful or unwanted behaviour perpetrated upon an individual by an intimate or prior intimate which normally is characterized by physical, psychological and emotional abuse. Domestic violence is based on the victim-offender relationship in the form of marriage, family ties, romantic relationships or a former marriage. It includes violence and abuse within same-sex relationships, violence by women against men as well as violence and abuse perpetrated by one family member against another (Shipway, 2004). However, studies show that most cases of domestic violence which occurred have been on women as well as children (Dobash & Dobash, 1992; Humphreys et al., 2000).
In general, this study intends to examine the relationship of alcohol abuse in domestic violence. So as to gather relevant information, this study will attempt to answer the following queries:
1. What are the variables that significantly affect an individual to commmit domestic violence?
2. How does one can help in avoiding domestic violence?
3. How does the government in South Africa provides solution to these kind og issues?
Based on the research questions the research project works out on the following general hypotheses:
1. Alcohol abuse is correlated with domestic violence.
1.2. Aims of the Study
The inconsistency of the findings derived from previous researches on the assessment of alcohol abuse and domestic violence.. Thus, this research aims to provide helpful findings that will determine the actual impact of a particular alcohol abuse to the academic and behavioral development. More specifically, this study aims the following objectives:
4. To identify the variables that significantly affects an individual to commmit domestic violence?
5. To determine how one ne can help in avoiding domestic violence?
6. How does the government in South Africa provides solution to these kind og issues?
A guide should be utilized for this study so as to direct all research efforts towards the achievement of the objectives. Thus, a theoretical framework will have to be developed for the research process. The theoretical framework that will be used in the study is the Input-Process-Output Model (Bushnell, 1990). In the IPO model, a process is viewed as a series of boxes (processing elements) connected by inputs and outputs. Information or material objects flow through a series of tasks or activities based on a set of rules or decision points (Harris & Taylor, 1997). Flow charts and process diagrams are often used to represent the process. The input represents the sources that go in; the process involved induces the change; and the output pertains to the final result or the conclusion (Armstrong, 2001)
Normand, J., Lempert, R. O. & O’Brien, C. P. (eds.) (1994). Under the Influence: Drugs and the American Workforce. Washington: National Academy Press.
Shipway, L 2004, Domestic Violence: A Handbook for Health Professionals, New York: Routledge.
CASE ANALYSIS OF MARKS AND SPENCER Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. External Analysis .. 4 a. P...
The American Dream is difficult to describe, since every American has a different concept of it. For most men however, it is closely asso...
THE ROLE OF UK GOVERNMENT IN EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. The Government ...
PEST ANALYSIS OF WOOLWORTHS LIMITED PEST Analysis as a Human Resource Strategy Any business organization operates within...
Introduction The omnipresence of global trends and innovations debunk the idea of business monopoly and empire states. Today, the tr...
Scientific Management of McDonalds Introduction The true interest and prosperity of employer can be determined in the long term years ...
Case Study “Richard Branson and the Virgin Group of Companies in 200 2 ” by Robert M. Grant An Assignment submitted in...
STRATEGIC CAPABILITY OF TESCO PLC IN THE UNITED KINGDOM Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. Background...
Political Many building companies still hold onto large stocks of land for much of which there is not yet planning permission for building...
ABSTRACT The critical success factors of the company specify the actual elements of the firm that contributes to the overall accomplis...