People in a certain community represent different beliefs, norms and cultures and personalities.  These are some of the reasons why an individual is totally different from other people even if they belong to a group.  College community is never an exemption to this reality; since it is known that college is composed of diverse population. As I decide to enroll in college, I know that I will encounter different people with different personalities.


            However, with my experiences as a HIV Counselor, Phlebotomist, HIV Educator and Case Manager for 8 years, I know that I will be able to adjust to the diverse community in College.  With my job before, I have learned to become more patient in dealing with other people and to show sincerity in every people I met by showing concerns to their needs.  I also work as an Outreach Coordinator in a substance abuse agency.  This gave me the opportunity to enhance my personality in dealing with diverse population.  Through this, I am able to enhance my communication skills, become a better person and understand the differences of people.


            I think, the lessons that I have learned from my past works and my enhanced personality in dealing with diverse people will serve as an important factor that I can use when I enter the diverse community in College. Through my past experiences I will be able to inspire other people in college that being different is not a hindrance to have a harmonious relationship with other people in college.  I can also share my past experiences to the people that I will meet in college and let them know that the key to have a good college relationship is to accept each other’s personalities, abilities and beliefs. 




Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top