Statement of the Problem
Competition in the wine industries in the global market is very stiff, and each region or nation who wants to be recognised in this industry must be able to use a unique and effective strategy to outgrow the competitors. This study intends to determine whether the Greek Wine Industry should impose a common strategy in order to position itself in the global market as perceived by the employees. Specifically, the study intends to answer the following queries:
1. Should the Greek Wine Industry follow a common strategy to position itself in the global market?
2. What are the most competitive countries that Greece must consider in terms of winemaking?
3. What is the strategy that can be used by Greece wine industry for global positioning?
4. Which countries have been able to implement an effective national wine strategy?
5. What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that can be attributed to Greek Wine industries?