Five Traits of Your Partner That You’d Change If You Can 


 


            Upon courtship up to the earlier part of the relationship, most of us practically see the good qualities of our partner and the good side of the relationship. It is because you both are trying to please each other with the goodness of yourselves so that you may convince each other that being together would make you live in a world of a happily ever after.


            But, as the relationship progresses, it would never sound like it. Both of you would definitely be fed up acting as good Samaritans and you’ll certainly proceed with your natural habits. You’ll definitely show your true you in front of your partner and since all you both did previously with your relationship is to keep the pretty and handsome faces and played as the nice guy and girl, it would annoy your partner to know that you have some awful habits that you kept from each other.


            But in my case, we had been friends with my partner before he confessed his feelings to me. It was really awkward at first because I treated him as a friend and I was very transparent to him. But that did good because we already know each one’s good and bad habits even before the relationship started.


            He is one of the greatest persons I’ve ever known. Not because I am so much in love with him at the moment, but because it is just the way he is. As a partner, he is acting a great as the man I always wanted for myself to have. He isn’t perfect but with honesty with each other and the trust we gave to one another, he could be so much better than I wanted him to be.


            He still has flaws. And I always hate it when he throws out his temper into something. My guy is a responsible and that usually became the reason of his temper. He considers himself as the one responsible for some things that he should be unmindful of. Like when we were to party one night and we were a group but the others did not get in because they left their IDs and he was so mad that he punched the wall because he felt responsible for them because we were in the same car, his. I just did not get it. all the persons in his car were adults and were responsible in bringing their IDs at all times, not just in going to a night out.


            I do not hate this next trait of him but I wish I could change it. It’s his being too indulged with foods and having an unhealthy lifestyle. He is fat and I even wish that one of these days I would go out with a guy with some abs in his tummy. Well, I am not embarrassed by him, it’s just that I wish he’d go to the gym and make himself look better than having just a good-looking face and eat healthy foods. Anyway, I do not want him to be picky with foods and go out looking like a metrosexual hunk and have a lot of women surrounding him, I only want him to lose his big belly and tone it. Not to the extent of having 6-packs but just the right for him so as for him to look healthier.


            I want him to think better of the future too…with me. I want to hear him making plans about the future. I just love to hear them and be inspired. But he’s quite of a “now” person. He does not plan so much for the vague future, he only takes pleasure of the life he’s enjoying at the moment.       I want him to be more fashionable and think a degree higher with his ward robe and the suit he wears. I usually comment about those stuffs but it only ends up like he feels like he’s being dictated which he eventually hates.


            He is also the Mr. Congeniality in our batch. For most of the women, it is cool because it is never a problem for him to get along with almost all types of personalities. I also consider that okay. I am very much fine with it. but when he gets too chatty and friendly with other girls, it’s already annoying, making girls fall for him too easily, and leaving them a false assumption that he is into them.


            I like it when he is like a boy when we are together, it just looks sweet. But, when we are in the public and he pinches my cheeks, it just feels awkward and too childish when he does it so. It looks embossing and immature. Some may see it sweet, but for me it’s absurd.


            I could not just burst these things out into his face because he may get hurt or get scared of me demanding those kinds of things to him. I like the way he is and I could put up to it. it’s just weird that sometimes, no matter how much we look for the ideal man we always dreamed of, we end up loving the different guy with the opposite qualities. In my case, it’s not completely opposite, but although I know his flaws, I still am willing to put up with it, take it as a unique quality amongst the rest of the others. That way, I would not be hating those qualities already, but I would however be loving them. But if those traits would cause him harm or may hurt him, I’d rather hurt him to face the truth as long as he never gets wounded.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top