A social worker’s pure heart is uniquely good to people and reflects in his eyes for service to mankind. I believe that I have a touch for social work service and it is my dream to achieve my goals in giving unconditional service to people and in doing so, I have chosen Masters in Social Work Programs in your highly respected University because, I agree that social work is a profession in which clients have real-life concerns as individuals can look and see if they are worse, better, or unchanged and I want to have better knowledge regarding the status of social services being provided like for instance, what particular social work programs offered to parents in the child welfare system are most likely to help clients attain hoped-for out comes based on precise assessment of their effectiveness?, as I have faith that your prestigious University will really help me to stay focused on the application of values, skills and knowledge that contribute to helping people in the community. Thus, as an aspiring student, wanting to pursue Masters in Social Work Programs, I am motivated to discover and explore good opportunities taken to promote social justice for example, justly distribute scarce resources by purchasing services from agencies which offer programs that have been found to be effective in helping clients achieve hope and not purchasing services from agencies that provide ineffective programs.  


 


 


 


 


However, I have got the personal and intellectual qualities to be a social worker, having six credits in General Certificate of Education (GCE) and have completed degree foundation and past the eight modules (Business Law, Management, Economics, Information Technology, Marketing, Business Communications, Quantitative Methods and Accounting) and presently, I am in my final year Open University student pursuing BSc (Honours) degree in Health and Social Care and that my last project has already been submitted to the university waiting for the final result in December 2006, hoping to graduate with second class upper (2:1) or grade, not less than second class lower (2:2). Aside from my academic achievements, I have worked in various healthcare settings and had the opportunity to deal with people of all ages who have leaning disabilities and those encountering troubles with mental health. I have worked as a part time support worker providing services for learning disabilities in Southern and Merton Primary Care NHS Trust, for three years, and as a full time support worker in the forensic ward (South Essex and Partnership NHS Trust) for eight months. Designated as a nursing assistant in the acute ward in the mental institution, I help the service users prevail over their struggle with their illnesses by means of promoting particular health initiatives, make the most of their life and helping each and every patient to content with his or her illnesses by fostering trust, respect, and other activities that eventually makes them better.


 


 


 


The substantial practical experience gained in working with service users, gave me the skills and the ability to assess and analyze complex human situations and to address their needs and concerns, as well as placing their well-being in a safe and healthy status. With such enormous experience, skills, and knowledge, I am now confident to take up the challenge as a training social worker in your University, to enable me qualify as a professional social worker being a great team player, reliable, flexible and highly motivated with good interpersonal skills. Positively, I agree in the principles that the University have relating to social work scholars understand the power of public health as a unifying practice theory, grounded in science and offering a framework for all of allied health in producing qualified professionals. I am a positive person having a strong drive for learning and its inculcated values and applications to society and that I wanted to be an advocate in supporting social work programs in order to manage certain issues and turn it to positive challenge, implementing proactive means to promote social work functions, clarifying social work roles and developing mechanisms to maintain or improve communication between social workers.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Moreover, I love doing social work and I see myself as an effective social worker that has the ability to expand my professional boundaries by assuming leadership roles through the development of new programs and partnerships that meet the needs of the patients and the mandate of the institution particularly psychosocial communication skills that are essential to understanding the dynamics in interactions with others, transfer readily to useful program and social management systems. I believe that in your institution, social work students are taught to value the person-in-environment approach to working with people as social work educators know the importance of social context as a factor in assessing the environments of clients and students and remain versed in the influences of kind-hearted human development.


 


 


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top