Topic:  In 750 words, tells us about what makes you, you. What are your strengths, weaknesses, and your motivation? What separates you from any other applicant? How do you think Howard University will increase your strengths and diminish your weaknesses? YOU CAN INVENT A CHARACTER OR JUST WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF.


Along with the uniqueness that any individual possesses is the potential of improvement in his/her human limitations in all aspects of life. In realizing this potential he/she must commit to an idealism which integrates a wholesome dynamics of positive outlook to outward motivation when generating a self-contained system which becomes the practical basis of the framework that he/she follows in his/her social, intellectual, emotional, psychological and spiritual interactions. This is my core principle in life which makes me a distinct applicant in Howard University which is known for its high academic inclination and scholarly reputations.


I believe that any limitation could be stretched out into a maximum potential through training, perseverance and hard work. This makes me agree, for instance, that leaders are both born and made especially nowadays when modern researchers would agree that a leader-in-training could acquire the qualities of a naturally-born leader through following his leadership path (vocal reflexes, gestures, attending the school where he/she graduated and so on). My limitation of being too specific as a writer but too underrated in mathematical analysis, for instance, could also be resolved by rigorous training in solving number and figure problems. This is very possible especially since I am a very positive person who would defy all challenges in order to meet expectations.


This idealism is very significant especially when the human individual itself is taken as the context of discussion. People are vulnerable to pain and loss of faith when faced with trials and shortcomings. They give up so easily when exposed to a condition or work which seems very hard to comprehend at the beginning. A notorious exemplification of this is when a male accounting student is assigned multiple tasks on economic analysis in a week which is very important to pass a case study subject in accounting. Because this student is studying accounting principles and processes which deals mainly with writing balance sheets, income statements and the like, it becomes at first hard for him to understand the concept of economics. His initial reaction would be to step out of the tasks since he is not seems not to possess the ability to understand economic theories. However, when he uses his patience to smoothly analyze the importance of why he has to do the job, his capacity to become as efficient in applying the laws of economics as he does in accounting problems will come out. Thus, his limitation is stretched out because he allots time, effort and great faith so that he would be able to accomplish the analysis which is a crucial requirement in passing the subject.


In realizing this potential, I commit to an idealism of faith, integrity and hard work and diligence because I believe that virtues and discipline are fundamentals of success. Thus, I am confident to say that I do not consider the existence of weaknesses since I consider these as shortcomings which could still be reinvented so they become useful. Lack of cash to fund a tuition fee, for instance, is a shortcoming and not a weakness. If the student is creative, he /she would look for a part-time job to meet this concern. A socially-apprehensive student could initiate plans to become friendly with other students; he or she could also consult some psychologists to help them out in the problem. Anything could just turn out to become positive given that the attitude and the outlook of the person is on the brighter side wherein he/she creatively transforms any deficiencies or inadequacies to advantages.


These core values of faith, integrity and hard work and diligence embody my self-contained system which drives positive outlook in life and which promotes outward motivation in dealing with my social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and psychological interactions, so that I am almost assured that I create a balanced segmenting for all. I go along socially because I believe that friends make my life happy and easy.  I admire the opposite sex because it is natural and because it is a way of appreciating God’s gift of beauty to the world. I study my lessons because I need to graduate and form a career path. I obey my parents because they deserve respect and praise. I value God because He is the source of all that I see, touch, feel, taste or smell.


With this, I believe that when admitted in Howard University, my idealism would become more defined as this is a center where great respect for the individual student as well as their scholarly interests occurs. It would put my core philosophy into context and more challenges since college is a composition of diverse people who often have to exchange ideas, interests and friendships in a short period of time.  



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top