Career Portfolio


 


I am writing to express consider self-assessments of my strengths and weaknesses as a student.       My strength and capabilities has also been improved when I worked as  a leader. Through these experiences, I developed my office ability, teamwork, and leadership skills to make decisions and solve problems for my team. The experience allowed me to learn important skills, to develop the confidence needed to succeed in a competitive environment, and to use my knowledge and skills and apply them to the real world.  


I have different strengths which enables be to work hard and become an asset.  I am creative, resourceful and hardworking. I also consider myself as a dynamic team player and an individual player to finish the tasks given to me. I also have proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives. In addition, through the things I learned from my previous schools and the experiences I have with my previous endeavors I am able to have well organized plan, methodical and charismatic working attitude.


            With strong communication skills and dynamic presentation, let me also note that one of my strengths is my ability to build harmonious relationships within and outside the organization. As described, that the learning that I have sounds like a perfect match for me to become an important asset of the society.   I believe that communicating with my colleagues is most effective when I practice good listening behavior (Model, 1993). I make it a point to hear them out and follow their line of thought, see myself in their situation, and analyze where they are coming from. In this light, I am able to comprehend and better their stand and the approach they are utilizing in dealing with the conflicts and challenges that beset our team. This most often than not produce well-rounded output in which all sides of the issues were dealt with thereby fostering productive and dynamic interpersonal communication within the members of the department. 


Being optimistic is considered to be my greatest strength. In this manner, I can say that I can tackle all the issue regarding me positively. I took all the challenges positively while doing the job the best that I can. As a group, I can say that the main ingredient for our success is our teamwork and respect to one another. Through better teamwork, we cooperate to one another especially to our leader. We all share our information and opinions regarding the company, its management and leadership style, culture, the issues in human resource and to the other areas. We did our best in every task that given.


I am also a good listener, specifically in doing activities with my groups. . In terms of listening, I can be a good listener and can comprehend well with what the person is trying to impart or imply.


Although I have much strength, I also have some weaknesses. I found some flaws in terms of my leadership styles. These instances occur mostly when I am confronted with relationship issues among colleagues that beset my function as a leader and member of my group and with my considerations to practice good leadership styles. Sometimes, my beliefs as a person go against the things that are required of me to perform. But fortunately, I was able to make both ends meet whenever I face these types of challenges by explaining myself to the people who are concerned.    In addition, I also found some shortcomings on some of my actions in my profession.


Through these assignment exercises I was able to learn about myself not just as a chairman and a leader but also as a person. I have learned that I am capable of being compassionate when I least expect it and that there are a lot of opportunities for me in my profession. My responsibilities are great due to my influence and my ability to change other people’s lives and I am grateful that with such realization I am still able to place myself in the shoes of the individuals I work with and empathize with their concerns. My proficiency takes place through natural processes, because I can use it when interacting and communicating with other people.  In addition, I am also good when it comes to comprehension.


I have learned a lot from all the activities that strengthened more my competencies which I am excited to apply in my work setting expecting good results.  Know that my weaknesses can hinder my work, hence, I tried to learn from others and train more to ensure that I achieve my career objectives. Some of our ideas are opposing but through our extensive conversation and mutual respect to each other’s opinion, we were able to meet on the same ground highlighting my important stakes and her intelligent reflections. She was likewise thankful since she learned a lot from my assignment.


The leadership experience I have gone through at work richly contributed to the development of my personality mainly because my work is one of the major aspects of my life. The things I have learned about myself and from the people around me were not only applicable and limited to my career life but alt also to the other aspects of my existence as a person.


By and large, I can say that my current position and activities I have done helped me to develop my strengths and capabilities more and helps me to enhanced other skills which needs improvement.


 


Reference


 


Model, A. H. (1993). The Private Self. (Chapter 2, pp.42-69). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top