Blacksburg, VA


 


March 25, 2005


Mr. John Wilson
Personnel Director
Anderson Construction Company
Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD


Dear Mr. Wilson:


I read in the March 24th Washington Post classified section of your need for a Civil Engineer or Building Construction graduate for one of your Washington, DC, area sites. I will be returning to the Washington area after graduation in May and believe that I have the necessary credentials for the project.


I have worked at various levels in the construction industry every summer since the 8th grade. As you can see from my resume, I worked several summers as a general laborer, gradually moved up to a carpenter, and last summer I worked as assistant construction manager on a 100 million dollar job.


In addition to this practical experience, I will complete requirements for my Building Construction degree in May.  As you may know, Virginia Tech in one of the few universities in the country that offers such a specialized degree for the construction industry. I am confident that my Building Construction degree, along with my years of construction industry experience, makes me an excellent candidate for your job.


The Anderson Construction Company projects are familiar to me, and my aspiration is to work for a company that has your excellent reputation.  I would welcome the opportunity to interview with you. I will be in the Washington area during the week of April 12th and would be available to speak with you at that time. In the next week to ten days I will contact you to answer any questions you may have.


Thank you for your consideration.


 


 


Sincerely,


 


Steve Mason


Steve Mason


 


 


 


Electrical Engineer


William Baxson
Electric Engineer
Showcase Arena
Ext.



July 6, 2003


Mr. Pete Carlton
Senior Site Manager
Showcase Arena
Ext.


Dear Mr. Carlton,


I found your request for a Level IV Electrical Site Manager among the Showcase Interoffice memo board; it sounded very interesting to me. I currently work for Bill Wilkins in the Events Planning Division, and, as he will be retiring this fall, I have been looking for a position in Site Management to apply my skills and 22 years of engineering and management experience.


I’m very organized, I’m a self-motivated worker, but I enjoy working as a team player. My belief is that since we spend the majority of our lives in the workplace, work should be a pleasant experience. As a manager, I try to make the job one that employees enjoy going to everyday. Not only has this kept those under my supervision satisfied, it has enabled me to run the most efficient workgroups at Tri Edison. I would like to continue my success under your direction in Site Management.


If my experience and management philosophy are attractive to you, please feel free to contact me at the Events Planning office or beeper number 7309. Thank you for your consideration.


 


Very truly yours,


William Baxson


William Baxson


 


 


 


Associate Engineer


 


John Smith


1111 First Street


 Anytown, ST 00000


 123-456-7890


 john_smith@email.com


October 15, 2001


 


Mr. Jack Wilson


Vice President, Engineering Services


Acme Company


123 Elm Street


Anytown, ST 12345


 


Dear Mr. Wilson:


 


Please accept this letter as application for the Associate Engineer position currently available with your company. My résumé is enclosed for your review and consideration.


 


My degree in Industrial Engineering and five years professional experience has afforded me the opportunity to work on various projects that significantly improved operational efficiency and productivity and reduced inventory and energy costs for various clients. I am confident that my expertise in these areas will prove to be an asset to your manufacturing operations.


 


I am very good at gathering and analyzing data in order to find a workable solution that will maximize efficiency and reduce costs as much as possible. One recent project completed at [name of employer] involved working on a development team to create an analytical tool to analyze and quantify potential energy savings. After analyzing the data, I was able to generate millions of dollars in energy cost savings. Another recent project involved gathering and analyzing data in order to redesign a warehouse so that unnecessary and obsolete inventory could be eliminated, resulting in a significant cost savings for the client.


 


I am accustomed to leading and working within teams on diverse projects and interacting closely with clients, some of whom are well-known international corporations. These projects have required a high degree of team coordination and interaction in order to be completed on time and within budget.


 


My current salary requirement would range mid- to high K’s, is negotiable, and dependent upon such factors as benefit structure, responsibility, and advancement opportunities.


I look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss my qualifications. Many thanks for your time and consideration.


 


 


 


Sincerely,


 


John Smith


John Smith


 


 


 


 


Software Engineer


 


John Smith


123 Elm Street j


Anytown, ST 00000


 johnsmith@email.com


Home:


 Work:


 Cell:


April 28, 2003


 


Mr. Frank Wilson


Director of Technology Services


XYZ Corporation


123 Elm Street


Anytown, ST 12345


 


Dear Mr. Wilson:


 


I am very interested in the Senior Software Engineer position advertised on your website as I believe that my background and qualifications are just what you’re looking for. I matched my qualifications to those requested in your advertisement:


Eighteen years experience in software development and architecture. I have considerable experience developing client / server software for major corporate clients using the UNIX / Windows operating systems and C, C++, and PERL programming languages. I have single- and multi-threaded code development experience, as well as experience developing database and directory applications. For example, I developed CallCenter/6000, a highly scaleable client-server, UNIX based information server that integrated with all major IVR and PBX platforms and offered an MIS capability to monitor, track and analyze agent productivity for call centers.


 


Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. A significant part of my work history has involved acting in the capacity of on-site expert and lead developer specializing in finding solutions for clients with unworkable, incompatible or damaged systems. Currently, I am leading a 14-member team that has succeeded in significantly reducing the number of defects an application has and improving its overall performance by 80 percent.


 


Excellent communication skills. I am accustomed to leading and working within teams on diverse projects and interacting closely with clients, many of whom are well-known international corporations. These projects have required a high degree of team coordination and interaction to be completed on-time and within budget.


 


Master’s degree in computer science or related field. I have a Master’s of Science in Applied Mathematics from the University of Southern California.


 


I have enclosed a copy of my résumé, which gives you more specific information as to my background and accomplishments. I look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss my qualifications. Many thanks for your time and consideration.


 


 


 


Sincerely,


 


 


John Smith


John Smith


 


 


 


Senior Design Engineer


 


Victor Kemp


 Avocado Rd.


Oceanside, CA


 


 


May 17, 2002


 


ABS Engineering Corporation


 


 


 


Dear Hiring Manager:


 


 


I am writing in response to the position of Senior Design Engineer, advertised as being open with your company at this time.  I am an experienced Engineering professional who is skilled RF design, systems design, fiber optics and optical systems, control systems, and many other areas.  I offer significant abilities in the areas of project and department management, document preparation, and quality assurance.  Now I would like to bring my more than 20 years of expertise and knowledge to work for your company.


 


My ability to produce innovative and effective designs, work as a team player, and meet deadlines, together with my attention to detail, have contributed to my successes in engineering.  I have performed and directed a wide variety of activities, including development and implementation new systems and technologies in many different industries.  I possess outstanding design, analysis, and problem-solving abilities, and am adept at determining specifications, preparing diagrams and schematics, and authoring all documentation.  During my career I have designed numerous products and components that are still in use today, including some that can be found on the Moon.


 


I am skilled at working with clients, technical, and business teams to provide information and solutions to potential and existing issues.  I have directed teams, projects, and departments, and am familiar with supervise all managerial functions, including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and budgeting.


 


I am an effective organizer and planner.  My outgoing and friendly nature allows me to interact well with other staff members at all levels and I am able to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical persons.


 


The accompanying résumé can give you an idea of my potential for making a worthwhile contribution to your company.  I believe it may be mutually beneficial for us to meet.  I will call your office next week to inquire about the possibility of such a meeting.


 


Thank you for your time and consideration.


 


 


 


Sincerely yours,


 


 


 


Victor Kemp


 


Victor Kemp


 


 


 


 


 


 


Sample BUSINESS Cover Letters


 


 


Technical Business Analyst


 


John Smith


123 Elm Street j


Anytown, ST 00000


 johnsmith@email.com


Home:


 Work:


Cell:


Ron Marshall, VP


XYZ Corporation


123 Elm Street


Anytown, ST 12345


 



Dear Mr. Marshall:


Please accept the attached resume for the position of Technical Business Analyst as recently advertised on Monster.com. I’ve had the pleasure to review XYZ web site, and to speak with Jane Doe, a colleague and am very enthusiastic about the position advertised. I believe that my combination of technical skills, consulting experience, and business sensibilities would serve XYZ well in this position.


My foundation is as a developer, in multiple languages, on many platforms. If the situation requires getting code done, I deliver high quality, clean, working code, quickly and correctly.


I’m comfortable with structured code, databases, OO programming, and “specialty” languages such as might be found in workflow or business rules systems. I have every confidence that to the extent the position requires actual coding, I can sling code with the best.


To the extent that the position requires analysis of business rules and processes, I have specific experience in two main areas that are closely related. On the analysis side, I was the Product Manager for a large system. In that capacity I was responsible for extracting functional requirements from end users, customers, marketing, etc., and translating those requirements into detailed requirements. On the business rules side, as the Product Architect for a suite of enterprise systems I led the requirements definition and vendor and partner review for a collaboration system that included a business rules engine component. While I was not involved as a developer in these systems, I am quite familiar with this class of products and the salient features that define their value.


On a more general level, I believe I bring the broad “soft” skills you can have confidence in with a candidate that will represent XYZ to your customers. I trust you would find me to be well-spoken, energetic, confident, and personable, the type of person on whom your customers will rely. I also have a wide breadth of experience of the type that gives you the versatility to place me in a number of contexts with confidence that the level of excellence you expect will be met. In most situations technical decisions must be made within the context of larger business constraints. Throughout my career I have strived to keep business issues in the forefront, be it as a developer implementing a test framework to capture defects as early as possible, or as the Product Manager for an enterprise system, allocating resources and prioritizing enhancements to meet strategic objectives. Focusing on business imperatives is a core value of mine, one that I bring to every project on which I work.


I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review my credentials and experience. XYZ’s blend of Business Strategy, Market Analysis, and Information Technology is very exciting. I hope that you’ll find my experience, interests, and character intriguing enough to warrant a face-to-face meeting, as I am confident that I could provide value to you and your customers as a member of your team.


 


 


Sincerely,


John Smith


John Smith


 


Entry Level Finance Position


 


Michelle Walter


456 Elm Street j


Anytown, ST 00000


 michwalter@email.com


Home: (123) 234-7890


Pearl Santos, HR


Travel and Tours


Blk.  Main Street 000000


January 15, 2004


Dear Ms. Santos:


I am very interested in the entry-level position that is available at ABC Investment Partners. I recently graduated from Women’s College University and am actively seeking employment with firms in the San Francisco area. My courses in investments, finance and business have given me a solid base upon which I plan to build to build my career.


During my college internships, I dealt with a variety of budgets and conducted market research while handling numerous administrative duties.


The experience allowed me to learn important skills and to develop the confidence needed to succeed in a competitive environment.


I have enclosed my resume for your review. Thank you for your time and consideration.


It would be a pleasure to interview with you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.


 


 


Sincerely,


Michelle Walter


Michelle Walter


 


 


 


Insurance Broker (Newly Grad)


 


 Apple Court
Eugene, OR

 


Mr. Archie Weatherby
California Investments, Inc.
25 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94102


Dear Mr. Weatherby,


My outgoing personality, my sales experience, and my recently completed education make me a strong candidate for a position as an insurance broker for California Investments, Inc.


I recently graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in marketing, where I was president of both the Future Business Leaders of America and the American Marketing Association.


Although a recent graduate, I am not a typical new graduate. I attended school in Michigan, Arizona, and Oregon. And I’ve put myself through these schools by working such jobs as radio advertising sales, newspaper subscription sales, and bartending, all of which enhanced my formal education.


I have the maturity, skills, and abilities to embark on a career in insurance brokering, and I’d like to do this in California, my home state.


I will be in California at the end of this month, and I’d like very much to talk with you concerning a position at California Investments. I will follow up this letter with a phone call to see if I can arrange a time to meet with you.


Thank you for your time and consideration.


 


Sincerely,



John Oakley


John Oakley


 


Accountant


 


John Smith


1111 First Street


 Anytown, ST 00000


 123-456-7890


 john_smith@email.com


October 15, 2001


 


Mr. Jack Wilson, President


Acme Company


123 Elm Street


Anytown, ST 12345


 


Dear Mr. Wilson:


 


After reading an article last week in the Wall Street Journal about your company’s planned expansion and its top ranking as one of the best companies to work for in America, I am writing in hopes that there are available positions with your company for experienced accountants. I have enclosed my résumé for your consideration.


 


I am a staff accountant and network administrator with 13 years experience working for several public accounting firms who would be very interested in working for your organization. I have significant experience preparing income taxes for diverse business clients. My excellent training in computer accounting practices and computer expertise enabled me to make several recommendations that resulted in not only streamlining the accounting procedures for my employers, but in substantial cost savings as well. I am confident that my education, work experience, and enthusiasm will be of value to Acme.


I will contact your office early next week to see if we may set an interview appointment at your earliest convenience. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about my qualifications for a staff accountant or network administrator position. If you would like to contact me sooner, please feel free to call me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for your time and consideration.


 


 


Sincerely,


 


John Smith


John Smith


 


 


Stockbroker


Jane Smith


1111 First Street


 Anytown, ST 00000


 123-456-7890


 jane_smith@email.com


October 15, 2001


 


Mr. Jack Wilson, President


Acme Company


123 Elm Street


Anytown, ST 12345


 


Dear Mr. Wilson:


 


As an experienced Analyst and Operations Manager on Wall Street with a major brokerage firm, I am writing to inquire of opportunities, which might be available on a full-time basis with your company. The enclosed résumé outlines my history with my current employer.


 


Strengths and experiences which may be of particular interest to you include:


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top