The Place That Tingles My Senses


 


            Everyone has had a special place once in their lives where they could express their happiness or even their sadness without having someone bother or interrupt them. I have a place like that, and it’s still very special to me. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs in my life and this is where I take it all out on. Let me describe it to you.


            My room is my special place. As they say in MTV, it’s my “crib”. Not only does it function as a sleeping area for me, but it’s also a place where I could express everything I feel without being afraid of being judged. The place isn’t too big, it isn’t too small either. It’s just of the right size. I have good wall décor, and I also have great big window so I could clearly see what the outside weather was. Sometimes, the weather outside the window matches my mood. There were times that if I felt happy, when I looked outside, the sun shined so bright and there were no clouds n sight. And other times, when I felt gloomy and sad, the weather outside would be cloudy and rain would start pelting on my window pane. It’s like my window acted like a monitor to what I was feeling inside. That’s why I like it so much.


            I also have a single sized bed which I think I’d fit in quite well, if I didn’t move too much. But I really like it though. I put it near my window so I could easily see what was going on outside. Also, this bed has shared so much of my happiness and misery. At times I’d just sit in it and just stare blankly into nothingness, as if unable to decipher what my own mind was thinking. At times I’d just lie down and just doze off, not knowing that I was already asleep. Also, times when I just sat and laughed my heart out at something at I couldn’t even remember. Such wonderful days. Moving on…


            I have a great wooly carpet on my floor. It’s like Persian carpet with lots of colors like gold and red and brown and even green.  really like the feeling when I have it rubbing against the soles of my feet. It’s kind of relaxing and also is tickly. It’s really nice. There are even times that I don’t read my book on the table or the bed anymore. I just throw some pillows on the carpet and lie there reading my book with a hot glass of chocolate. Now that’s my idea of leisurely reading.


            I have study table in my room too. And it also has got a lamp. I kind of like looking at colorful stuff so I put flowers on my table. It’s not really girly things; it’s just a matter of adding life into the room. Apart from me, it’s the only other thing that exudes a sense of life in my room. I have a bookshelf on top of my table where I keep all my books and all the reference stuff that I need. Beside my table, I have my bureau I keep there all my writing stuff, my notebooks, papers, even my clothes. It’s oak-finished.


            I have a cd player in my room. It keeps boredom away while studying. And the most essential part of my room, and my most favorite, is my Batik wall hanging. It’s like a blanket but is made of a very thin material and most likely won’t be able to keep the cold away. It’s mostly for design purposes. I really like it since it’s gray and has great circle designs. It’s most usually found in Indonesia, the Malayan peninsula and the Philippines. It’s a really great, no effort design.


            You see, the room doesn’t need to be fancy for it to be special. It can just make you feel elated by the smell of it, by the sight of it, or even by the feel of it. It can be drab and dry to others but to you; it may be the most beautiful wonderland in the entire world. Having a place that makes you feel alright is enough to really make it the most special place in the world.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top