I wish to further develop my knowledge, skills and abilities by applying for the Training Chinese Teacher in Foreign Language Course. I see this as an opportunity for me to develop my teaching skills and for me to enhance my communication skills.


            We are now living in a world without boundaries. We see people become more mobile and institutions become multicultural. The education sector is also becoming more diverse as students from different parts of the world have more opportunities to seek education in different places. We see many Chinese students going abroad looking for opportunities for them to further their education. This generation of young people will be China’s future. And as an educator it is my responsibility to educate and guide them. We also see many foreign students entering schools in China. The mobilization of students marks a new era in which multiculturalism plays an important part in educating students to become global citizens.


            In order to become an effective educator, I must strive to acquire new knowledge, skills, and abilities to impart to my students. In order for me to become more effective and efficient educator, I must embrace diversity. I must be able to make learning inclusive. I must be able to understand and respect diversity and must learn to deal with different students from different cultural backgrounds.


            I see competency in Foreign Language as one of the requirements for educators in this age of multi-culturalism. Being able to speak and understand different languages will enable me to communicate and build long-lasting relationships with my co-workers, students, and parents. Being able to communicate using different languages will enable me to understand students and to create a learning environment where everyone participates.


            I believe that foreign language efficiency is important in global education. Global education is a curriculum that seeks to prepare students to live in a progressively interconnected world where the study of human values, institutions, and behaviors are contextually examined through a pedagogical style that promotes critical engagement of complex, diverse information toward socially meaningful action. Global education aims to create global citizens that are aware of the world around them, respect and value diversity, take action for human rights, social justice and sustainability, and take responsibility for their own actions. It also seeks to broaden knowledge and understanding through interconnectedness and interdependence, sustainable environment, economic development, diversity, human rights, change management, conflict resolution and peace building. Global education also aims to develop values and attitudes such as personal identity and self-esteem, care and compassion, responsibility and cooperation, social justice, respect for diversity, environmental sustainability. Skills and processes development is also one of the goals of global education. Global education aims to increase the citizens’ involvement in the global community. Learning emphases across the curriculum includes identity and cultural identity; globalization and interdependence; dimensions of change; sustainable futures; peace building and conflict; and social justice and human rights


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top