My Five Favorite Comfort Foods


            Women are known for their ability of indulging themselves to eating when they are upset about something. Actually, every human has this kind of ability. They are just more common to women (though others tend to be stupid and choose to fast when they’re upset).


            I consider foods as the most delicious things here on earth. For me, it’s a blessing from the heavens that no one could ever refuse. Foods are an outlet for every bitter soul that is in search for harmony of their emotions and the world. Foods create a lot of possibilities no one could ever imagine.


            When I get upset or when I feel heartbroken or exhausted, I first proceed to the nearest store where I am and buy a chocolate. Chocolates are my favorites. Even if I know that they cause me soar throat after eating a lot of them, I couldn’t still stop myself from having all that I could manage to eat. Chocolates are my number one comfort foods. They have the sweetness in them that I could not get rid of but, ask for more instead. After, I eat all that I could, I feel like my problems were taken away by just the sweetness that they offered.


            When I feel hungry and I know I see a number of foods that are in front of me, fried chicken is the one that I would pick. Although in my subconscious I know that I had more than enough fried chicken, I still wanted to have the same meal; a meal with a fried chicken! When I feel its crisp and get to eat even its last crumbs, I think I am so full and I had more than what I always wanted to have. I feel completely solved and satisfied when I get to eat fried chicken.


            My third favorite comfort foods are cakes. I eat all kinds of cakes, all of them are sweet and they have an effect to me like that of a chocolate. Its only difference from a chocolate is that cakes are more difficult to find and to store anywhere. Unlike the chocolates, I can’t store chocolates inside my bag or my pocket and pull them out when I seek their help for comfort. However, cakes are just too sweet that I indulge myself to it too. I love Black Forest and Chocolate Mousse of Red Ribbon bestest! They have the taste that my mouth could never say no to. These cakes make me feel like I never I want to taste another taste anymore. I want to savor every bite that I have from these cake flavors and I want to let the taste stay in my mouth forever! :D


            Ice creams are also every heartbroken’s 101, also. These foods are just every bit delicious, especially the chocolate, double dutch, and rocky road flavors. Those are my favorites! I couldn’t just get enough of ice creams. Hmm…I usually get seasonal temper. Seasonal, because I have it when I feel hot. I don’t know, it just suddenly happens when I feel too much heat in the surroundings. But, with the taste of ice cream, every bit of my irritability vanishes. It’s the magic that an ice cream could make. And since it is cold, it makes my heating head turn cold, and eventually, I manage to calm down. J


            The Korean Tukboki is also one of my most favorite comfort foods. Although it is very spicy and it increases the heat in our system, with Tukboki, I can’t just get enough. Tukboki is just the way the food is pronounced because it is Korean, but in reality, this food is Korean rice cakes. There are various ways on how these foods are represented. Sometimes, they are mixed with ramen, and sometimes, the rice cakes are with other vegetables and a little of soup. Others find it hard to believe that I love it so much because this food indeed so spicy and extraordinary, especially if you are not a Korean. But since I tasted the food, and I found it very delicious and really addicting, I often take time to go to a Korean restaurant to have a bowl of this food (plus a lot of side dishes!!!), sweat a lot, and in the end, feel so contented.


            These foods are my 5 topmost favorite comfort foods. However, I have no chance of knowing how to make or cook these foods on my own. I only know how cook a fried chicken, but I do not know the secret of its perfect taste.


            “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”.


            And, I hope someday, somehow, I could find the chance to do it that way.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top