Re: Letter Requesting to Waive The TOEFL Test


Your Name


Address


e-mail address


telephone number


University XXX


Department YYY


Address ZZZ


Country


     Date


Dear Sir/Madam,


 


I am _______________ (your name), an applicant in the University’s College of Pharmacy.


 


I understand that the University is requiring a TOELF test for prospective applicants whose first language is not English. As an applicant, I recognize that I have to comply with the University’s standards. However, upon consultation with my former professors and have reassessing my proficiency in the language, I thereby forward my request to waive off the TOEFL examination for the mean time, as the time frame is too close in the University committee’s deadline for the review of applications.


 


While my first language is not English, my proficiency on the language has been developed through the 14 years I have lived in the United States where I have already passed English proficiency examinations several times. I have also attended three colleges and finished 170 college units where the medium of instruction had been English. Moreover, to my credit, I have taken several courses in the field of social science, psychology, speech, economy, computer and math, science and have already finished English 1A and 1B in college. These courses requires an excellent comprehension and the ability to speak the language fluently. My passing the subjects with excellent grades shows that I already possess the standard written and oral English proficiency required of a college graduate. Finally, the primary language that I use in everyday communication is English which in turn have further enhanced my proficiency in the language.


 


As the date of the examination of the review committee is already on hand, I fear that the result of the exam will not meet the deadline of the University. As such, I request that for a temporary waiving of the TOEFL test. I am willing to take the TOEFL test after the examination of the review committee on the merits of my application on the University’s College of Pharmacy.


 


Thank you in advance for your assistance.


 


Sincerely,


 


(Your name in capital letters plus signature)


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 




Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top