Understanding My Life in the Future


 


What are my reasons for pursuing this career and choosing the path that I’m taking now. Well when I look back, it seems like I’ve always wanted to pursue such a career. I have always imagined what it feels like to be ____ someday. I have always dreamed of being able to help other people, to making an impact in other people’s lives through my calling. 


I remember the times when I was in grade school and the teachers would always ask us to make essays of what we want to be. I have been consistent in dream of becoming a ____. Now, I’m so close to realizing that dream, I can almost feel it.


I see myself working hard, facing challenges and difficulties and embracing opportunities. I see myself overcoming the odds and making a big difference not only on my life, but on the lives of people that I meet. I want to be ____ not because of the good things that come with the job but because I want to be the best ____ that I can be.


I believe that the things that I learned from school will aid me in achieving my goals. I learned so many things about management and business. As a future manager, I want to be able to lead my team and the organization effectively and efficiently. My goal now, is to be an effective leader and to develop valuable leadership skills. I aim to acquire the leadership competencies necessary for me to be effective in different areas of management including communication, decision-making, employee motivation and empowerment, goal setting and problem solving. As a future manager, I need to prepare and equip my self with the knowledge that will help me to become successful in my chosen career. To be an effective manager, I must be a leader first. Leadership is earned through successful relations within the organization. The task of the effective leader is to create human vision and human energy. To be an effective leader, I need to develop myself through participating in leadership workshops and leadership development programs. I also believe that applying the knowledge and skills that I learned in school once I become an employee is important in achieving my goals. I believe that learning through challenging work experiences is important. I think being able to achieve this goal will be useful in Business Management. As a student, I can participate in leadership workshop in order to prepare me for my future career. In participating in Leadership workshops, I expect to develop leadership skills and to explore different leadership issues such as leadership needs, types of leaderships and characteristics of leaders. I plan to accomplish this plan within six months. I believe that participating in leadership workshops will be a great help in achieving my goal. A good leader is a good follower. I believe that in order to become an effective leader I must be an effective follower. As an employee, I must be able to apply the things that I learned in school and be able to contribute to the success of the organization. In order for me to acquire leadership competencies, I must be able to be an active member of the organization and the team. Leadership is developed through challenging work experiences. As an employee, I must always seek to improve and develop through challenging work experiences. I must always grab every opportunity that will come my way. As an employee, I must learn to control my own career, participate in team-oriented activities, and improve personally. The competencies that I expect to learn from participating in leadership development programs are:




  • Effective vision and goal setting




  • Effective communication skills




  • Self-confidence




  • Effective decision-making




  • Building effective and efficient teams




  • Building rewarding working relationships




  • Inspiring and motivating employees




 


 


 


 


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top