Good morning,


I have visit a laundry in Zirku island. My new job is laundry supervisor. So they have ask me to write about it . to check the mistakes and what is going wrong . so I have visit it for one month From 5th of March 2007 to 5th of April 2007 . I have found a lot of things wrong ( from the building, the cleaning , the hygiene , the way of work , the safety, every thing )


So I have wrote it all and send some request to concern sections to take action such as GS section ( General service ) I have taken some picture for laundry. I have asked a photo for each employee in the laundry and I made a file for each employee and all information is available in it about them ( what languages he talk , from where he is , what experience he has , what he knows about safety )


Also I have count the efficiency and how we can be better ( because I knew that there is a daily schedule for taking or receiving the laundry from rooms depending on the schedule every one has two days on the week only. But no body follow the schedule. So the load is in the laundry.


I have studied depending on the housing category will divide the days of receiving the laundry as follow :


Saturday : Receiving From Zadco Complex ( A+ B ) & Police Station


Sunday : Receiving From : Liwa ( Building & Caravans )


                                                             Delivery for : Zadco Complex ( A+ B ) & Police Station


Monday : Receiving From Construction Camps .


                                                                Delivery for : Liwa ( Building & Caravans )


Tuesday : Receiving From : Zadco Complex ( A+B ) & Police Station


                                                                Delivery for : Construction Camps


Wednesday : Receiving From : Liwa ( Building & Caravans )


                                                       Delivery for : Zadco Complex ( A+B ) & Police Station


Thursday :  Receiving From Construction Camps


                                                  Delivery To : Liwa ( Building & Caravans )


Friday : For General cleaning


                                                  Delivery To : Construction Camps



 


So as per the schedule above three locations  1) ( Zadco A + B Complex ) & Police


2) Liwa Building & Caravans  3) Construction camps .


All of them will get a chance twice a week to take their Laundry and also the benefit is they will received in the next day . while the laundry will get benefit  that the car will go to one location only per day .also that the stuff will know that today is only for zadco  boarders  for example. At the end  of the week they will have a chance to clean the building and others ( housekeeping ) .


Also what I have done that I got all the stuff  picture and made a CV for each of them : how many years he is working with us , how many years he got experience out side and where , what qualification he had , how many language he speak , what he know about the safety .And I did an interview to ask them these questions.


Also I have done an organization chart for the stuff .


Also I found that the supervisor is working with the stuff same as tagging the clothes or sometimes ironing , so I have ask him why ? he answer that there is too load on the stuff so I’m helping them .


So I made a necessary arrangement to his office and I said to him I would like to see you in your office all the time and never work with them . my point is that the supervisor should have enough time to check and read and develop and solve the problem , but the way I saw him he will never do it because he is doing the stuff job ( All the time ) .


Of course one the important thing is missing in the laundry is safety and PPE . the stuff and carless about it such as while working no body wear any safety equipment . I have discussed with safety instructor MR Adel about the language and the subject to train them and he is ready in any time .


I saw army and some police and also some driver or contractor are coming in the Laundry or bringing their Laundry by them self , so I had arrangement that :


-          The supervisor office to be in the entrance of Laundry in the delivery area ( which is the safest and cleanest area )


-          But a rule in the wall no one enter the laundry .


-          Let the carpenter made a door after Supervisor office .


Also there is no rules or procedures written for laundry , so I have searched and discussed with concern people to write a procedures , and rules for Laundry.


Also I would like to make arrangement with safety section to do a drill in case of emergency how they have to act and what to do .


Also I discuss with aerobic trainer Captain TAHA to come twice a week in early morning to train them to practice some sport exercise out side the laundry .


Finally I’m making a special arrangement with aqua club to go a fishing trip with the laundry stuff as a social trip.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top