CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES AND STAGES IN ADOLESCENCE


 


       Sandra and Charles are in their first year high school and both of them are 13 years of age they were best of friends since their elementary years they both grew up in the same school and they were neighbors, usually they played on Sundays and holiday and during their vacation they would visit their provinces together. Their parents are also a long time friends that’s why they grow up just like brothers and sisters, Sandra often share her food to Charles and in return he would carry her back pack on their way home since their houses are just a few blocks near the school, sometimes they would laugh without reasons and they were very happy about it


      Being their teacher I saw the harmony and chemistry about their friendship is so strong sometimes I get envy about these children that they have found the best gift of a friendship it could bring and sometimes I remember my old friends because of this two children. Being their teacher in Information Technology subject I saw the capability of Sandra in the subject of Mathematics while Charles works poorly in computation, there were times that Sandra would take time to teach Charles about the lessons and she will be highly appreciated by Charles and again to treat her for a snack during recess and again they were very happy about it.


      Until such time that they were scolded by their classmates in class about their friendship but they remain strong in spite of children who are against them as if they knew that nothing would bind against their friendship. Sometimes when we play in a basketball game with Charles it is quite obvious how much support Sandra has been shown, she would cheer with him and give him all the support he could ever have. Win or lose Sandra is always there for Charles.


      There was one time in school that I saw Charles who get very curious about his looks in front of the mirror as he approach me about the changes he felt that his chest and muscles were growing and his uniform would not fit and his Adams apple were coming as he continues to smell his skin while looking at the mirror, he was very conscious about it and he often about his looks. I simply say you look just fine and don’t forget to take a bath everyday as he playfully laughs.


      As I approach the other side of the building was a very familiar girl who felt the same she would look around the transparent windows to spot herself and look at his physical features a I approach she eagerly ask, good morning sir do I look pretty? It was her, Sandra. I couldn’t help but to smile and say you pretty as ever and she begins to burst with a smile. I noticed how she touch her waist, visit her chest as if there is something in it and sometimes I hear the group of young ladies talking about menstruation period and how they go about it.


      But Sandra with all eagerness being just a teen-ager has asked for the first time. Sir how do I know if I’m in love? A moment of silence sets in with a ready smile my eyes grew big and I just couldn’t answer almost broke her heart and run away from me and that moment I felt her tenderness and vulnerability about her feelings as she walked away in the group of girls I saw a tears in her eyes was about to fall. Being a supportive adult I would advise her about the differences of how she felt and how to go through about it and I knew she listens.


      It is quite obvious that Charles and Sandra are both in love and this is their first time to fall that’s how I felt with them with each other and during those times their classmates are cheering and yelling as if they knew it. It only takes a few days to understand that they were no longer much of a friend that they used to. Sometimes I felt like they were preventing each other they no longer eat and laugh together, Charles found a new friend and Sandra simply join the girls, only then the cheering stops but I believe in their heart they longed for each other more than words can say.


      I believe that they are in the stages of puberty and adolescence that this time they simply can’t handle their emotion but I also believe that the foundation of friendship that they have built will endure and the feelings of tenderness and shyness will come to pass, only then they will realized how much they felt for each other. But as of now they are still young and their studies is more important so let them learn to handle their emotions on their own because they are teen-agers.


 


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top