Being so much interested on how films and television productions are made, I aspire to be a film director for television. To be a good film director someday, I want to enroll in a School of Journalism and Mass Communication because such school will help enhance my skills and broaden my knowledge in TV directing. In schools like this, I believed that they exposed students to real-life situations and intensive training aside from the rigorous studying of mass media. Having been enrolled in School of Journalism and Mass Communication will prepare me in pursuing a career in film and TV directing and will help me make high-quality video product in the future.


            Through my research in search for a better school to enroll with, I have learned that SJMC help students enhance their ability on being where the news is happening, and to improve the ability and knowledge on delivering news and reality shows thus I want to enroll for a Bachelor of Science in Communication in the Department of Journalism and Broadcasting.


 I believe that at SJMC, students are taught on proper handling of current events, the proper ways of capturing important details of events and delivering it to the TV audiences. To do that, I want to learn on how news and current events are shot, the equipments that are used and how to edit video shots to present only the relevant information. I believe that such inclusions in the curriculum are a better way of preparing student in making quality films, allowing them to know the structure and organization of a good film.


            During my high school years, we were taught on how to write articles and news. I have learned that journalism is a technical discipline, no flowery words allowed, only facts that are witnessed personally by the journalist. A journalist must not write and article which he can not support with details. Academically, I earned good grades and was active in extracurricular activities like in newspaper and article writing. I think it will be more interesting if these events are no only written but also captured where details can be seen. Back in high school, were also taught on how to take pictures of events in which the picture alone conveyed the real happenings. I have also joined organizations in our school such as the drama guild which creates theatrical production but I realized that am more interested in making documentary films that are happening in real life than fictions.


            I love watching documentary films such as the National Geography and those that are about people and real events. I am interested not only with the story but more on how the story took place. I am interested in doing TV documentary films on well-known events such as the 9/11 tragedy, the World War II, and the real scenes and happenings in the lives of terrorists such as Bin Laden as well as sports documentary. I think being a film director is a challenging profession, accompanied by media-related problems. But I believe that after I have seen the video of a film which I will be directing myself in the future, it will be a great feeling.


            I believe that I have the skills and knowledge needed to be enhanced and be developed so I want to be admitted in SJMC to be able to prepare my career as a film director; a good school will let me experience the environment in making films and prepare me in dealing with people that I will be dealing with when I am already practicing my profession. Professors from such schools have enough knowledge and experiences to impart on me, for me to become a good film director.



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top