- ► November (1350)
- AMAZON COM
- RESEARCH FOR REGISTERED NURSES
- Strategy implementation and the winning formula
- What is the research evidence for the part the “cr...
- Occupation: Human Resource Manager
- COMPLIANCE, PROFIT-SEEKING BEHAVIOR AND USER NEEDS...
- Sample Essay Investigation the management how to m...
- Write a Research Using the Case Study Method: Low ...
- The marketing plan of Nokia
- The Impact of Entrepreneurship on Unemployment
- Questionnaire: Saudi Arabian Airlines’s Aircraft M...
- NO TOPIC: AMERICAN CIVIL WAR
- Sample Labor Law Review The Information and Consul...
- Realism in international relations essay
- The United State Air Force
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Literature Review
- NURSING PRACTICE
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- CLINICAL SCENARIO: STRUCTURED QUESTIONS
- HUMAN RESOURCE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Cash Strategies of Small and Medium Enterprise (SM...
- Pizza Hut
- Essay Instructions on Financial Ratios and Interna...
- EVALUATION OF BRAILLE COMPETENCY AND USER SKILL EF...
- The concept of child protection
- Communication and Media Management
- What are the limitations on Hofstede’s and GLOBE s...
- Teaching Report
- Application Letter to a University
- Therapeutic Communication Paper
- Research proposal on Osteoporosis_To evaluate and ...
- How Consumers Choose a Restaurant for Dinner in Vi...
- THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE ON BANK PERFORMANC...
- CORPORATIONS LAW RESEARCH PAPER ( AUSTRALIA )
- Strategic Analysis
- Sony was essentially established as a venture busi...
- Essay Instructions on Management and Leadership De...
- Critical analysis of any Hong Kong health or aged ...
- BRIEFING PAPER ON ECUADOR
- Sample Essay Cooperative Company of New Zealand
- A Sample Conclusion
- Relationships Between Drug use and Crime
- Assignment 2 – PSYC3051
- The Notion of Postmodernism as Applied to the Unde...
- Chinese Arbitration System
- Business Plan For “Food and Fit Gym”
- HIV Treatment Strategy
- THE FEAR OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS – THESIS STATEMENT
- DESCRIBE THE MAIN INSTRUMENTS TRADED IN THE UK MON...
- The Investigation into Typography, Its Visual Impa...
- A Study of the Patients’ view on the Efficacy of
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Mentoring in Human Res...
- Limited is the Largest and most comprehensive Comm...
- The UK Pension Scheme
- Sample Essay Curriculum Decision Making
- Case Study Essay Instructions on Accounting Inform...
- Knowledge of Safety Management
- ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTION: CASE STUDY – CONTRACT LAW
- Performance, Cash Flow and Financial Position of A...
- The Term Supply Chain Management
- EXECUTIVE REPORT ON CASE STUDY: MTV
- Production and Consumption
- Consumer Behavior and Demand of Organic Foods in t...
- Strategic Management – End of Module Assessment
- CORPORATE STRATEGY
- Domestic Violence on Married Male in Bangladesh
- Public Administration
- Essay Instructions on Compare and Contrast British...
- Law of obligation (Tort law and Contract law)
- Garland D (2001) Crime and Social Order in Contemp...
- Undertaking Financial Planning
- A Study on the Extents of the Responsibility of an...
- Financial Education is Critical to Financial Plann...
- Essay on Managing Change in Organisation
- RESEARCH ON ABORTION
- Human Resources Management and its Functional appl...
- The Chinese Spring-Rolls Restaurant
- UK PENSION SCHEME AND CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS:
- Digital soil mapping for Ismailia government using...
- Medical Essay on the Effects of Tourette’s Syndrom...
- Ocean Park
- MBA PAPER
- LSU Essay Writing Tips
- Shipping Economics
- REPORT ASSIGNMENT: STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCES MANAG...
- Research Proposal on The effects of liberalization...
- Do nurses in Radiologly wash there hands adequatel...
- Has health promotion improved the Health of Austra...
- IKEA’s Transformation Process
- Influence of PEST Factor on HR Policies in the Sph...
- The Bond between Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Essay on Change
- Importance of Public Relations in an Organization
- MY LIFE IN PICTURES
- Problems and Proposed Alternatives for Faith Commu...
- Rationale of the Study
- Internal and External Environments
- WITHDRAWAL IN NEGOTIATION: AN ANECDOTAL ANALYSIS
- The United Nations Security Council Resolutions
- Causes and effects of science practical activities...
- Advice on Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Speech on a Success of an Organization
- ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT PART 3 – CONTENT
- The Ethical Dilemma of Human Cloning
- Management of Organizational Strategic Plan Resear...
- Evaluation of the Changing Business Environment of...
- ▼ Oct 21 (113)
- ► September (2912)
- ► August (698)
Assignment 1 – SHRM Scenarios
Using the concepts, frameworks and techniques covered during the module, you are required to produce a report in which you outline two alternative future scenarios for an organisation of your choice and the resulting HRM implications. Your report should be addressed to the senior management team. Specifically your report should: -
Ø Analyse key features of the organisation’s internal and external environment
Ø Produce two alternative scenarios that might face the organisation in the future. In doing so you should avoid extrapolating existing trends and focus on creating genuine ‘alternative futures’
Ø Identify the HR implications arising from each scenario and make appropriate recommendations for their implementation
Your assignment should take the form of an individual, written report. Your report should not exceed 3,000 words in length excluding bibliography and appendices. The assignment should be submitted by Friday 25th January 2008. References to the literature or other published sources should be made using the Harvard system of referencing and a full bibliography of sources included with the assignment. Take care to attribute all source material.
Your work will be assessed against the following criteria:
Ø The development of plausible scenarios demonstrating understanding of environmental influences and their potential impact upon an organisation in the future
Ø Explanation of the implications of scenarios for the organisation and its human resources
Ø Formulation of coherent HR strategies that take account of the need for effective change management and the development of appropriate behaviours and attitudes
Ø Production of clear, logical and fully referenced report in support of the presentation
Ø Credibility, clarity and conviction of communication
Assignment 2 – Strategic Human Resource Management
For this assignment you are required to select one of the following areas of HR strategy and critically evaluate its operation within your organisation (or an organisation you are familiar with). You should pay particular attention to the extent to which the strategy is vertically and horizontally integrated; in other words the degree to which the selected strategy supports the organisation’s corporate strategy and is integrated with other areas of HR strategy.
1. Human Resource Planning
2. Recruitment and Selection
3. Human Resource Development
4. Performance Management
As part of your evaluation you should perform a comparative analysis between your organisation and a benchmark ‘exemplar’, preferably from a different industrial sector. You should explain why you have selected the comparator organisation and analyse the nature and scope of factors differentiating your organisation from that of the benchmark organisation. Your comparator analysis should be based on in-depth, independent, third party sources and should form a significant part of your analysis.
The assignment should be in report format and should be addressed to the HR Director. Imagine that he will be interested in the basis of your analysis as well as your conclusions and ensure that you draw upon relevant literature and research to support your analysis. Your analysis should culminate in a clear set of recommendations as to how the selected strategy might be improved in supporting organisational goals and priorities. In undertaking this assignment, assume the role of a consultant to the organisation and comment on the key features of the organisational context.
Your assignment should be submitted in report format by Friday 22nd February 2008. Read your study guide carefully to familiarise yourself with the writing, structure and presentation of reports and the referencing of material. Your report should not exceed 3,000 words in length, excluding the executive summary, appendices and bibliography. Appendices should however be used sparingly.
The assignment will be assessed against the following criteria;
1. Business awareness – outline of organisational context, the environment within which the business operates and the nature and scope of the selected HR strategy in supporting business goals 20%
2. Knowledge of the subject matter – evidence of wide reading and a comprehensive familiarity with the topic reinforced by citations from appropriate third-party sources, research and relevant literature 20%
3. Critical thinking – demonstration of the ability to analyse and evaluate both theory and research and corporate policy and practice and to make objective and impartial judgements about the real effectiveness of the selected strategy 20%
4. Application capability –the development of firm conclusions and appropriate recommendations which are realistic and provide value-added outcomes for the organisation together with an assessment of costs, timescale, process and responsibility 30%
5. Presentation and persuasion skills – the systematic organisation and presentation of the report so that it is coherent, convincing, accurate, reader-friendly and businesslike 10%
CASE ANALYSIS OF MARKS AND SPENCER Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. External Analysis .. 4 a. P...
The American Dream is difficult to describe, since every American has a different concept of it. For most men however, it is closely asso...
PEST ANALYSIS OF WOOLWORTHS LIMITED PEST Analysis as a Human Resource Strategy Any business organization operates within...
Introduction The omnipresence of global trends and innovations debunk the idea of business monopoly and empire states. Today, the tr...
THE ROLE OF UK GOVERNMENT IN EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. The Government ...
Scientific Management of McDonalds Introduction The true interest and prosperity of employer can be determined in the long term years ...
Case Study “Richard Branson and the Virgin Group of Companies in 200 2 ” by Robert M. Grant An Assignment submitted in...
Introduction The Australian airline industry is very competitive and the entry of a new low-cost carrier, the Tiger Airways ...
ABSTRACT The critical success factors of the company specify the actual elements of the firm that contributes to the overall accomplis...
Executive Summary This industry report focuses on one of the most commonly used and known home and personal care product line in the...