- ► November (1350)
- Capacity Management
- The Catilinarian Conspiracy: Sallust and Cicero’s ...
- On writing essays
- Thesis Background of the Study Sample
- Budget Essay
- Business Report
- What is a Position Paper?
- LITERATURE REVIEW : Polymers
- Value for Money Audit Process
- Singapore’s model of perspiration is the benchmark...
- Hotel Business In China
- Assignment Instructions on Organizational Leadersh...
- In a situation where the patient is conscious and ...
- SYSTEMS ANALYSIS REPORT
- EXPECTANCY THEORY vs. AROUSAL THEORY – MOTIVATIONA...
- Educational Paradigm
- Stress: Outline and Review
- The hairy ape
- SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS
- Mission Statement and Core Beliefs of DRAW Academy...
- Research Proposal on Impact of Information Technol...
- Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce
- Nursing Science Case Study
- International Human Resource Management
- THE ECONOMICS OF GLOBAL WARMING
- IBM ON DIVERSITY
- Research Proposal
- DIABNETES TYPE 2 EDUCATION IN NATIVE AMERICAN
- Dell’s Mini Notebook Action Plan
- Ethics and Information Technology
- Sample Research Proposal Establish program changes...
- Students’ Perception of Constructivist Learning in...
- Assessing Solution-focused Brief Therapy in Social...
- Expansion of a Software firm in to New Asian Marke...
- HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT: ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTION...
- Analytical Report on The Financial Position of She...
- Term Essay : Tort Laws in Hong Kong
- Kyoto Protocol – Global Warming Essay
- The Need for Capital Punishment: A Critical Review...
- The Joint Photographic Experts Group File Format
- Marketing Communications: Max Factor SK-II Issue
- Globalization Facts
- Intergrated Discussion on South African Legislatio...
- Does restraining affect the health and safety of p...
- Thesis research proposal on While the chocolate pr...
- Difference in Investment Asset Allocation of Gover...
- Sample the Fast Food Business Focusing on Cafe De ...
- Free Thesis Statements on Distance Education
- The US Dollar and the Different Things it Faced
- Why Black have a Higher Tendency to Smoke Marijuan...
- Dissertation Guidance Notes
- International Human Resources
- Marketing Management Assignment Essay Questions an...
- To improve the sales productivity by modify the in...
- Collaborative Practice within the Organization
- Internal Customer Service Research Proposal
- REASONS WHY CONVICTS IN ENGLAND ARE SENT TO AUSTRA...
- CLINICAL REFLECTION
- Speech Writing Essay on Electronic Shopping in the...
- MANAGING BALANCE OF PAYMENT DEFICIT
- Dissertation Proposal Assignment Essay Instruction...
- Sample Essay Using Examples you have reserched fro...
- Strategic Analysis: The Banking and Financial Serv...
- IHRM AND MNE’S
- Conflict Resolution
- Direct Mrketing strategy development for YPRC
- Sample Topics Tasks and Activities in Mathematics ...
- Product Innovation of Coca-Cola
- The Below-the-Belt Press
- JOB SATISFACTION
- THESIS RESEARCH PROPOSAL ON CHANGE IN INSTITUTIONA...
- QUALITY AND CARE GOVERNANCE
- Essay Instructions on a Marketing Plan for Apple C...
- My Life In Pictures
- Advertising Has to Be Liked to Be Successful Adver...
- THE SUCCESS BEHIND AMAZON.COM
- Human Interaction
- cyberterrorism in saudi arabia Research Proposal
- Career Management
- Examples of Worked Cases of Breach of Contract
- CASE STUDY: MARKETING
- Services Marketing
- Principles of Marketing
- Amazon Case Analysis
- GLOBAL WARMING: RALLYING FOR AN ALL-STATE INVOLVEM...
- RESEARCH PROPOSAL ASSIGNMENT ESSAY INSTRUCTIONS ON...
- Art Appreciation
- Employment Recommendations
- Can you think of any cultural items which have per...
- Retention of University Students
- Sample Essay Lawyers and Society Reflective Journa...
- Literature Review
- INTERNET COMMUNICATION
- ▼ Oct 17 (129)
- ► September (2912)
- ► August (698)
The critical workforce management challenges of the immediate future driven by corporate re-engineering and restructuring efforts, loyalty concerns, and fierce competition for key talents are closely linked to the emerging issues of employee commitment and productivity. In any organization, the issue on productivity of employees is always related to the subject of motivation.
In any given situation, the role of managers become more important because they play a significant and unique role compared to others in the organization. This role can be considerably a kind of a catalyst, able to tap and awaken each employee unique talents and convert them to performance. However, only through varied organizational strategies can a manager managed to trigger his/her employees’ hidden talents highly important in the productivity and performance of the organization. These strategies can be external and internal to employees. One of these strategies employed by managers is motivation.
The study aims to analyze the importance of motivation on employees’ productivity in any business organizations in particular to Nig PLC Jos Metropolise. Furthermore, aims to investigate predominant motivational theories and strategies used in many business outfits in relation to employees’ productivity and in particular to identify motivational strategies used in the Nig PLC Jos Metropolise.
Statement of the Problem
Since motivation is important in the productivity of employees, the importance of knowing what motivation is most effective and efficient that could generate higher productivity, commitment and satisfaction to employees is significant as a problem of this study.
Review of Related Literature
Motivation is the “driving force within individuals that drive them physiologically and psychologically to pursue one or more goals to fulfill their needs or expectations (Lam & Tang: 2003). For Wilbert Scheer (1979), “To maintain [motivation] it is to create and perpetuate the climate which brings harmony and equilibrium into the entire work group for the benefit of all who are involved.” Since it is the work of a manager to employ effective motivation, he/she should always aware of the environment and the status condition of his/her employees. Furthermore, motivation means an inner wholesome desire to exert effort without the external stimulus of money. It is the ability of indoctrinating the personnel with a unity of purpose and maintaining a continuing, harmonious relationship among all people (Thwala & Monese, n. d).
Motivation plays a vital role in reaching and fulfilling the goals and objectives of an organization by trying to motivate, inspire, and raising their satisfaction and self-esteem in order to be highly productive that in turn will lead to the fulfillment of organization’s goals and objectives. Thus to Robin DeCenzo (1995:271), cited by Thwala and Monese, motivation is “the willingness to exert high level of effort to reach organizational goals, conditioned by the effort’s ability to satisfy some individual need.” While Campbell and Pritchard (1976), defines motivation as a dependent and independent set of relationships which explains the amplitude, direction, and persistence of a behavior holding constant the effects of skills, aptitude, and understanding of a task and the constraints operating in the work environment. Hence, the necessity of understanding the nature of motivation and its underlying principles and theories are all important in order that improper application of motivation can be deduced and avoided. Nevertheless, all motivational processes and strategies are beneficial yet, not all of them can be applied in certain organization for some constraints.
This study will use a share ownership theory for greater motivation to employees. This case analysis will operate on the idea that owning shares will provide employees with financial incentives that will make them more committed and motivated to the organization and their work. Moreover, the use of classic motivational theory of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, and the Total Quality Management theory will also be employed.
Since, a case analysis will be used in understanding the role of motivation to employees’ productivity, the use of qualitative and quantitative approaches will be utilized.
The triangulated method instruments are to be employ for this case which is only limited to the employees, managers and other personnel of the Nig PLC Jos Metropolise.
Thwala, W. & Monese, L (n. d). Motivation as a Tool to Improve Productivity on the Construction Site. Department of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management, University of Johannesburg.
Kreisman, B. (2002). Executive Overview Insights into Employee Motivation, Commitment and Retention.
Michie, J., Oughton, C., & Bennion, Y. (2002). Employee ownership, motivation and productivity. Birckbeck, University of London.
Lam, S. & Tang, C. (2003). Motivation of Survey Employees in Construction Projects. Journal of Geospatial Engineering, Vol. 5(1). Hong Kong Institution of Engineering Surveyors
Kimball, L. & Nink, C. (n. d.) How to Improve Employee Motivation, Commitment, Productivity, Well-Being and Safety.
PEST ANALYSIS OF WOOLWORTHS LIMITED PEST Analysis as a Human Resource Strategy Any business organization operates within...
CASE ANALYSIS OF MARKS AND SPENCER Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. External Analysis .. 4 a. P...
Case Study “Richard Branson and the Virgin Group of Companies in 200 2 ” by Robert M. Grant An Assignment submitted in...
The American Dream is difficult to describe, since every American has a different concept of it. For most men however, it is closely asso...
Business Case Study Background of the Business Cathay Pacific Airways in an international Hong Kong based airline that...
THE ROLE OF UK GOVERNMENT IN EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS Table of Contents I. Introduction .. 3 II. The Government ...
Introduction The omnipresence of global trends and innovations debunk the idea of business monopoly and empire states. Today, the tr...
EFFECT OF HONEY BEE TREATMENT ON CONTROLLING HYPERLIPIDAEMIA AND OTHER DISEASE Hyperlipidaemia is a term use for people who are su...
Chapter 1 THE PROBLEM AND ITS BACKGROUND Introduction In March 2006, reports state that the student enrolment in the...
Scientific Management of McDonalds Introduction The true interest and prosperity of employer can be determined in the long term years ...