Cover Letter to Cornell University


 


To:  Dean of College of Arts and Sciences


       Cornell University       


       Ithaca, New York, USA


Dear Sir/Ma’am:


I am writing this letter to express my interest for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Speaking and Communication at the Cornell University


The words that best describe me would be independent, ambitious, self-driven and courageous.  At the age of three, my parents divorced, and I was left in the care of my mother. For a kid, that was a terrible and traumatic event.  In fact, it was one of the turning points in my life that made me mature and independent at an early age.  From that experience,  I learned to think and act independently.  All the problems I experienced in life served as   challenges that I need to hurdle in order me to become a better person, as well as to improve my personal perspective in life.


Since preschool until secondary level, I have been a consistent top 1 in our class.  I graduated as best writer from primary level.  When I graduated high school I was able to acquire the   highest honor as a Valedictorian in the overall   sections.  In the same manner, I was able to achieve some awards in the curricular and academic activities such as Best Editor, Best in Public Speaking and Debate, Best in English and Speech subject as well.  I have been considered myself a diligent student and wide reader of all types of reading materials. I read varied types of books, news magazines and journals for relevant news updates. I have a strong background in research, analytical, and writing skills. I began developing these skills since I was in my primary level.  In high school, I served as an investigative reporter for our school newspaper until I reached my last year of my secondary studies.  In that capacity, I researched and wrote approximately 50 articles every year.  In addition to that, I even excelled in Debate and Public Speaking as my elective subjects.


 


And, being a future media   figure I believe that   excellent communication skills is very crucial tool to become a modern media analyst and public communicator.  In this regards, I am looking forward to put my diverse skills in different fields of communication in college. I truly believe that to be an effective  public speaker, a person must have an effective  and unique way of  cultivating and enhancing his or her  public speaking skills, not only that, it is more important to have a knowledge and understanding on how to interact with different   nationalities  with  varied cultures.  I am convinced that in order to become an effective communicator and public speaker, one should have to grow and improve as an individual and as a student. And, entering in the Cornell University is certainly an efficient and effective way for any student to cultivate as many skills as possible, including good interpersonal relations and public and communication know-how.


 


Furthermore, I acknowledge the fact that most learning takes place outside the classroom. I feel that the practical skills I have gained from extracurricular activities and volunteer work – like taking part in the fundraising campaign for victims of the devastating earthquake in Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines may be put to good use.  Additionally, I believe that with the distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities of Cornell University, I can fully develop my potentials and plan and determine my chosen career path. I am very positive that you will take a favorable decision regarding my admission to Communication undergraduate program in your prestigious university.  In view thereof, I know that Cornell University offers a wide range of undergraduate courses; in particular, the College of Arts and Sciences Department offers a unique design of college education.   I have heard a lot of   your unique college degree requirements in so many ways that student can choose from.   Aside from that, I am impressed with your one of your requirements for all Arts and Sciences students to complete either one or two First Year Writing Seminars which I strongly believe that is fundamental thematic course for the conventional college level writing program.


Having a chance to study in Cornell University, and eventually earn my degree in Public Speaking and Communication has been always my dream. And, the time has come; I will never let this pass without doing my best to prove myself that I am capable and deserving to study in your university.  My school record and qualifications will help you to decide to give me this rare and once in a lifetime opportunity to take an entrance examination   in this school opening. I am confident that you have an excellent evaluation system for the new students who want to pursue their degree in your school. Moreover, I am hopeful that you will give me a chance to prove my worth as a college student who only aims to achieve her greatest dream in life.


Thank you very much.


Respectfully yours,


 


Name of the Student


 


 


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top