PERSONAL STATEMENT


 


 


According to  in his book entitled ‘Day in Court’ (1940) that ‘’life is a narrow vale between the cold and barren peaks of two eternities, we strive in vain to look beyond the heights. We cry aloud and the only answer is the echo of our wailing cry’’. (, 1940,) and that in my desire to become a full pledged lawyer in your institution and be able to receive the certificate in law program, I agree to Wellman that ‘’the general public should be interested in the correct methods of sifting out the truth of any controversy’’ () but I think it is impossible to overstate the importance in any society to perform upon the legality it requires. Well, I always wanted to become a lawyer because I want to help victims of oppression, discrimination, inequalities and other forms of injustices and probably inspire them to continue to fight for real justice and inculcate in them self confidence and firmness regarding their actions. Thus, in order to reach my dreams I need to have the ability of concentration within my whole mind as well as the power of clearness and the simplicity of expression. I think I have a better common sense and a good professional reputation and I transact business well because I believe that I can finish this law program with pride to myself and to my associates and maybe urge those men who aspire to become a lawyer like myself, to read – read everything what it takes to read. I am positive and hoping that your high standard law school will provide and give me opportunity to reveal to the world my ample right to be recognized as an effective and able lawyer in the future.


 


Moreover, I graduated from the University of Hong Kong with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Systems in 2002. Upon graduation, I joined a local law firm as a system administrator. The firm grew and expanded very quickly, to the extent that even a non-legal staff like me had to handle legal documents and had to interview clients. As time goes by, I got use to be familiar with various legal services, especially insolvency cases like bankruptcy and individual voluntary arrangements (IVA). Most of the clients I met are those in financial troubles and some of them even think of dying in order to “solve” the problem. Through providing legal knowledge and service to them, I saved many people’s life by legal means. I discovered that this job is much more meaningful than only writing computer programs and working with machines. My desire to earn an LLB rooted in the recognition that individuals with personal or family problems require advocacy to realize their solutions. After a serious discussion with my boss, I have changed my career as a legal executive in the firm and continue to interview clients and solve their problems. On the other hand, I joined the part-time LLB program offered by the University of London in order to achieve this meaningful career goal. Although my boss supported my legal study in financial means, the job nature requires me to stay up late in the office since most of the clients are only available after office hours. This make me missed some of the classes and rendered my study more difficult, but I have never thought of giving up in these three years, I even found myself more interested in law as I continue my legal studies.


 


I was a basketball team captain in both secondary and university school life. As a captain, I have to be a solution minded player, think accurately and quickly because I have to work things out within a very limited time. In daily interaction with lawyers, I realized that these qualities are the same as what a lawyer should possess. Some of my clients become friends of mine and the meaningfulness behind this friendship has inspired me to cope with any obstacles and has strengthened my faith to help more others in a greater extent to realize their human rights and help them find better solutions to their problems. Lastly, my experiences in life had transformed me to become a better person as I am motivated and inspired by the power of love for the service of the people and be able to share my skills to others and give them a service that can never be paid under the table because I believe that money is not everything for if it is then, it can buy dignity and principles of the affected people like the oppressed as they are hungry and craving for justice. I want people to value life and share to them that for every good action they do for others deserves a just reward and not injustice, for the truth prevails no matter how long the time is.


 


 



Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top